CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
Movenpick Media City Cairo: The Dirtiest Breakfast Ever
When you book with a brand, you expect a minimum standard, the least of professionalism, attention, and service. When you arrive at a hotel with a broken sign, a lobby older than my grandpa’s age, an untrained staff and a restaurant with a stinking smell... OMG! I would never book at a Movenpick ever again.
Not the best of hotels to say the least, as cheap as the one on the Dead Sea, the Movenpick is an average dormitory, more of a low category family resort. Yellow lights, gold reflective materials, dark wood and old carpets are some of the elements constituting the cold lobby. A dark bar on the right side, a cantina with an open buffet of mediocre choices on the left, and a dirty ice cream fridge you’ll see on your way to the restaurant.
To reach the room, expect a travel time of five minutes, on tight alleys surrounded by brown grass. Reach a room, a cold white room, the cheapest bed I’ve ever seen, white tiles, white walls with no paintings to decorate it, an old television screen from the last decade, an empty fridge, a working desk from the old age and a balcony without a light.
A shameful hotel and this before even trying the bed or their food. I was surely not going to eat that food down at the restaurant looking old and unappetizing so why not order dinner to the room.
- An hour passed and here comes the food!
- Food like I used to have at scouting camps.
- A chewy commercial pizza not edible without a lid of ketchup.
- The most bizarre club sandwich I had, dry with cold cheese fill it served with pickles and uncooked potato fingers.
- Uncooked french fries, white color, and oily feel.
- A super dry, over salty burger. The meat is like kafta, dry, hard textured and spiced.
- A warm mayonnaise loaded coleslaw salad.
- Pickled vegetables are thrown here and there!
- This is the worst food I had at a five stars hotel; better change the chef.
- And the local wine is bizarre; one of the worst I’ve had as well.
- Don’t order dessert; it’s not worth it.
The best thing I had tonight and probably this hotel offers is the Heinz ketchup, imported from the states!
Now the bed; a prison bed, hard like wood, it will leave you with a mark for life. It’s shameful to be even considering this hotel as an upscale place.
A terrible night sleep, and now is time for breakfast! Welcome to the dirtiest place on earth... yes, the most polluted place on earth, an unacceptable dirty place, a horrible experience, the lowest quality of food service I’ve ever seen, one-star hotels are ashamed to do!
Dirty plates, dirty floor, dirty containers, food left from the night before! OMG! No words can describe the deception; is this Movenpick quality?
I’d love to give you a comparison between last night and the night before; one at the Movenpick and another at The Westin.
Where the Westin gets a 9/10, to say the least, the Movenpick gets a 1/10:
- Cleanliness at the Westin is up to standard
- The hotel is more affordable than the Movenpick with more services!
- The room is cleaner, wider, warmer, prettier
- The bed is at least relaxing.
- Employees don’t smoke in front of the hotel’s door
- Breakfast is exceptionally wonderful at The Westin
- The hotel oozes positive vibes when it feels haunted at the Movenpick
- Staff is trained, looks sharp and makes you feel at home back at the Westin.
- And the list goes on and on...
Do not come here; it’s a ripoff! I left mad, hungry, sad and frustrated!