CHECK OTHER REVIEWS FOR THIS PLACE:
An International Culinary Experience with Chef Adrien Trouilloud at SUD
SUD: Good Food and Great Ambiance is Guaranteed Every Time
SUD: The Day I Fell In Love with Risotto
Discover SUD's New Tasty Menu: Some Fine and Innovative Creations
It's Christmas at SUD: Festive Season Menu
Let's Head South... SUD, Mar Mikhael
SUD: A New Menu, Same Great Taste
SUD: A New Menu, Pleasant Flavors
It was truly love at first sight, the minute I laid eyes on SUD. A restaurant that's really special in so many ways is the same that has set a name for itself this summer in Lebanon... A place that's fully booked every day, no matter what the situation. This stands for something - good food, good ambiance, nice set up, original flavours and more importantly passionate people behind a unique concept that has gained success in Lebanon's culinary scene.
- SUD boasts three seating areas, indoors, outdoors and an upstairs terrace
- Outside is a wide terrace filled with marble tables, metallic and wood chairs covered in beige and blue fabrics
- Timeless design, a unique one, which appeals to people of different ages
- The lower level houses SUD’s kitchen and is home to the restaurant and bar element
- With an open show kitchen, guests can watch the chef and his team at work, as they create a collection of European dishes
- Inside, one big space with a bar on the left and the seating area on the right
- A feel of wood and black steel metal decorates the interior
- 10 brown wood tables on a black metallic structure
- Facing the entrance are two long wine coolers behind eight pending light bulbs
- On one wall is a big black and white picture of a World War II plane
- Other black and white photos decorate the walls as well as pending metallic lamps
- The bar is beautiful and clear: a simple steel fence bar revealing the background of natural stone
- The floor is covered with old Lebanese tiles
- Separating the restrooms door from the restaurant is a library of design and photography books
- Chair boast a variety of colors are different from the ones outside: light blue, light grey while some come in yellow patterns
- Three pending black lanterns light the table underneath
- Pâtes et risotto
- À la plancha
- Le Four
- Brusquettes Aubergine-Olive: Eggplant caviar and black olive salad bruschetta, pomegranate molasses.
- Crevettes Terre-mer: Shrimps and chorizo with fresh herbs toasted baguette.
- Goujonnettes de Poulet: Cornflakes crusted chicken strips, sauce vierge.
- Brusquettes Chorizo-Ricotta: Chorizo bruschetta, ricotte, cherry tomatoes, wild rocket, walnuts.
- Poivron Farci au Chevre: Roasted bell pepper rolls stuffed with goat cheese and basil.
- La Rioja Pizza: Chorizo, ricotta, black olives, basil, tomato confit.
- Burger Maison: 200g patty, tomato, onion, iceberg, white mushrooms, cheddar, house sauce.
- Filet de Thon Rouge a la Nicoise: Seared tuna steak, cherry tomaotes, black olives, capers, pine nuts, and anchovy-lemon sauce.
- Pain Perdu Caramélisé: Caramelized French toast served with vanilla ice cream.
- Mangue rotie et fruits frais: Roasted mango and fresh fruits. Orange wafer, filed with Malagasy vanilla pannacotta.
- Rondin Rouge, farci aux epinards. Croutes de chorizo et emulsion de citron et menthe. A premiere, coming on the menu soon. Simply fantastic! Bravo chef!
- Green and grey Peugeot salt and pepper mills decorate all the tables
- The placemats are simple and classy
- The water glasses come in several colors adding joy to the tables
- The plates decoration is simple yet innovative
- The waiters and service is improving
- As soon as I lit my cigar, a design ashtray landed in style on the table
- The wine bucket standing at the table's side frees some space around the passages and leaves the bottle handy
- Chateau Khoury, Pinot Gris 2011: The nose is a bit shy but eventually mild citrus notes evolve. In the mouth, there is good acidity and body with apple, citrus and hints of summer flowers. The finish is rounded and sustained
- Pinot Grigio, Delle Venezie, IGT: From its beautiful pale straw color to its amazing crisp and lively taste of lemons, limes, peaches and melons, this light, dry wine is infinitely satisfying
- We need table napkins! It is really unpleasant to use dozens of paper napkins throughout the meal. Please!
- Some added attention to the cooking time of the pizza to make it less crunchy in the middle and less spongy on the sides
Just take a few steps up from the MarMikhael's street to discover SUD and its beautiful ambiance decorated with summer’s finest colors that welcomes you for lunch and dinner. Orange, yellow, blue and beige in a garden of trees and stones. A lovely environment which acts as a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city...