As Lebanon celebrates the Assumption of the Virgin Mary into Heaven with prayers, family gathering and fireworks, we at NoGarlicNoOnions traveled the country's most impressive churches dedicated to the Virgin Mary in just one day.
We have accepted the challenge, the challenge to visit the most famous Saint Mary sanctuaries in Lebanon in a single day. A premiere in Lebanon, 600 kilometers traveled in 16 hours starting, 11 sanctuaries spotted, 7 food spots visited. We started in Beirut at 5am and ended the trip at 11pm.
Discover the churches:
- Saydet el Behar, Tyre
- Saydet el Mantara, Maghdoushe
- Saydet Mashmoushe, Mashmoushe
- Saydet el Maabour, Jezzine
- Saydet el Talleh, Deir el Kamar
- Saydet Zahle, Zahle
- Saydet Bechwet, Deir el Ahmar
- Saydet el Hosn, Ehden
- Saydet Harissa, Tannourine
- Saydet el Nourieh, Hamate
- Saydet Lebnen, Daroun Harissa