Deek Matic is a restaurant, a fast food eatery on the Mazraat Yachouh internal road occupying the corner of a building facing the intersection between Deek el Mehdi, Elissar and Zekrit. A good-looking space taken over by red and white colors.
Red details and a glass facade, Deek Matic is a fast food joint beautifully decorated with a hint of Shawarmanji, the colors of Five Guys and the professionalism of Roadster. Inside the space, the floor is covered with grey tiles, black boards decorate the walls, there's a large menu and red is found here and there while three screens display the menu. Next to the counter a black wall is decorated with lots of writing showcasing what the restaurant is all about.
Red tables surrounded by white and metallic chairs with white and red tiles, exactly like Five Guys in New York, the space looks neat and clean.
Good looking food is what they do and the pictures are simply mouthwatering. With soothing music playing in the background we stood facing the counter to order.
The good things:
- They use Heinz ketchup despite the fact that I personally don't like it.
- The plates are neat and clean.
- I liked the branded paper wraps.
The food is good:
- The fries: Served on a plastic plate, the fries are a bit oily, but have an interesting crunch, a nice saltiness and a good taste. They are offered with the special sauce, their take on honey mustard with more mayonnaise. Could have been better, with less mayonnaise.
- The steak sandwich: A thin white baguette bread filled with sliced steak, lettuce, cheddar cheese, pickles and sauce. I loved the thickness of the bread and its crunchiness, the meat's tenderness and the general taste. That's a good sandwich.
- The chicken sandwich: Too much bread! Way too much bread. Inside is melted cheddar cheese, juicy chicken chunks, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, pickles and mayo. All was good, but they should use less bread. I loved how the sandwich is open on the side so vegetables can be inserted. Look at the photo, it looks different.
- The light chicken: A brown baguette, light sauce, juicy chicken, light cheese and rocket leaves. One of my favorites today, this sandwich offers a complete experience. A crunch, a juicy filling, premium ingredients and a beautiful look. I loved the bread and the cereals on it.
- The burger: Bizarrely, unexpectedly delicious. A delicious bun, well melted cheddar cheese, an adequate amount of sauce, thinly sliced tomatoes, pickles and lettuce. Honestly, I was not expecting it. After visiting many placesin the area and lately tasting many burgers, this is one which made stop for a minute to enjoy the good combination and the meat texture. A burger with a homey feel and a high standard. I'll be coming back for one more trial before confirming its entry in my Lebanon's favorites list.
- Salad: Naa. Can be improved! Small and unappetizing for a dine-in. The chicken on top was dry. Next time, I'll stick to the sandwiches.
- The Deec Matic special dessert, the not to be missed sweet escape. A well equilibrated and beautifully flavored dessert, a special recipe of panna cotta creme brûlée topped with crispy lotus crumbs. One with lotus biscuitsand one with blueberry sauce.
I enjoyed my dine-in experience, so I decided to order some at work. And here was the big deception! Deec Matic seems to be good for dine-in and very bad for delivery. If delivery was my first impression it would have been a disaster.
If starts with the delivery time. 50 minutes to send us three burgers and two sandwiches. It was sent in two bags, two nylon bags where everything was stacked on top of eachother like a mountain. Inside is a load of sauce and mayonnaise, all absorbed by the paper and bread.
- The burger, using the most tender bun I've ever seen is not exactly what a burger should be like or at least for delivery. A super tender pain au lait bun loaded and stacked with mayonnaise, stuffed with red cabbage that's so unpleasantly crunchy, red cabbage is not good for coleslaw. The different textures spoil the experience. Mayonnaise, more mayonnaise and again more mayonnaise. I simply ate two bites and stopped. Dinner was thrown away.
- Now for the sandwich: A super cold sandwich, extremely chewy and inside was a tiny portion of chicken you'll have to search for. An unacceptable sandwich.
- The chicken strips: Soft chicken lacking body with an envelope of chewy barbecue sauce. Didn't like them at all. If Roadster or Crepaway are the best at preparing those strips, at least learn from them how they're delivered, or stop doing so.
I was so deceived, extremely deceived, I left the restaurant happy and tonight had to sleep without dinner. Not ordering delivery anytime soon.
The must change:
- Use less bread in the chicken sandwich.
- Honey mustard needs less mayonnaise.
- Salads are to be looked into.
- Red cabbage don't fit in a burger; They are too hard to crunch.
- Focus on making the delivery system -at least- acceptable.
Good quality ingredients, a beautiful restaurant... I'll visit again to make sure dine-in is as good as I experienced it the first time. Delivery won't be repeated anytime soon.